Monday, May 9, 2011

Playtime in the Studio

Hellooooo!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I sure enjoyed the time I spent with my Mother.  I got her some roses, baked her favorite banana cake and created a tiny little card for her in watercolor.  Working this tiny is not something I intend to do again.  I just could not control the brush or get the detail I wanted.  But I'll try anything once!


I added a tiny golden crystal to the center of the big flower and a bright pink crystal to her necklace. Even though I struggled with it, Mom adored it and that's what matters most!

Today I played around with journal pages and creating backgrounds.  Here is one of my journal pages for today - "Play".  It was dark when I took the photo and the colors are much more vibrant and prettier in person.  What looks to be coral pink is really a juicy cherry color.  It was all about having playtime and fun.  I made a huge mess and almost wasn't able to get my table clean - I was even scraping paint off the wood flooring...

Too bad the colors are so washed out...

My dark purple lilacs have bloomed and they smell fantastic!



Keep the color flowing through your week - it will put a huge smile on your face.  I know, I'm grinning from ear to ear!

Music in the studio today included:  Enya - Paint the Sky with Stars and Pandora radio...

Yours forever in art,

Jessica

10 comments:

The Itsy Bitsy Spill said...

Being that it's small you did a beautiful job on piece, lovely!!! And more lovely because it was for your mom!

Hello hon your work is inspiring!!!!!

linda (dots n doodles) said...

Such a beautiful card and the most important person loved it! Bet she is so proud.

Also love the journal page, I can see the vibrant colours in it.

Red Cat Cards said...

Love that music, Jessi ! Your tiny work looks so gorgeous to me ! What a unique one of kind card that is.. so amazing !!! I'm like you too, I'll try anything once :D Rather do it than regret not doing it :))) Also love that background paper, it's so much fun to make mess, isn't it? hehehe
I can smell your lilacs from that picture of yours !!! xoxoxo

E Makes Art said...

I love the card! So glad you made her one!! And I LOVE your journal pages!! Looks like so much fun!!!! And those lilacs are gorgeous!! I wish I cold smell them!

xoE

Anonymous said...

The card is so sweet. You mentioned you made a "huge mess" creating your journal page. That's a sign that you definetely had fun. Isn't it amazing what paint can do?

Anne said...

The card was beautiful and no doubt your Mother will treasure it. Love the journal pages!
Hugs,

Liette alias Pixelle said...

that little card is so cute...I adore your drawing, did I tell you before...I have the impression that i always say the same thing...hi hi hi...no doubt your mother was happy to receive your visit with so much gift...she is lucky, I hope that she realise it...for sure...
<your journal page is fun, just play and have fun, like for a child it is a mess after on your table and your floor but the important is to play that time, art is also playing for playing, no matter the result, if you have fun...xxx

Red Cat Cards said...

Jessi ! My Favorite Artist Friend !!! ;)
It's Oil Pastels !!! cheap one ! hehehe

Red Cat Cards said...

oh the blogger was totally acting up yesterday and it took away those precious comments !!!!!! booooo =) Oil Pastels are my favorite.. so easy to blend, manipulate, and mistake-free, worry-free..etc etc ! Can't wait to see your ART with oil pastles, Jessi ! xoxoxo

Kristin said...

I thought I had commented on this before! Hmm, Oh! I had seen it on my phone last weekend - that's it! I really love it and the colors are fantastic. I can only imagine how much it means to her!
And thank you for your comment about the collage piece - you cracked me up! I can't imagine you suck at anything, lol!!! Love me xo