Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Goddess at the Garden Gate" Journal Page

Hellooooooo out there!  Hope you are all doing well!  I am sitting in my magic chair and blogging to the thunder and hail that is pounding down on us.  True to my intention, I started my goddess doodle last night and finished her up this afternoon.  

She is the Goddess at the Garden Gate.  I've been reading about various goddesses and gardening and thought I'd put it together in my girlie doodle.


I started with a watercolor background then I layered some stamping with gesso and random craft paint marks.  Next I collaged different flowers scanned from magazines onto my girlie sketch.  I got up around 2 this morning and went into the studio, found and cut out the book text to paste onto the page.  It says "gardens with mossy shimmering pebbles and tender pink rosebuds." - then I went back to sleep.  I did the pen and colored pencil work on her this afternoon and finished with the writing and scribbles.  She was very fun to do and definitely looks better in person! 

I want to thank you all for your support of my stenciled journal page on my last post, I Heart Art.  I was so far out of my comfort zone in that I have only sprayed large canvases and done the graffiti thing to them.  To try and hold myself back without ending up with a muddy mess was very challenging for me!  I think now I know what is missing - some sewing!  I might add some later if I remember.

O.K., I started this post last night but wanted to wait and take a better photo of the goddess this morning...

There was no music in the studio this time.  Just my magic chair, the storm and my fur babies for the sound of gentle snoring...

Creatively yours,

Jessica

14 comments:

linda (dots n doodles) said...

Ahh Jessica, another beauty. You have such a distinctive style, which is so lovely. I can imagine you in your magic chair with your fur babies. I think that I will need to source a chair like that.

Liette alias Pixelle said...

I want a magical chair me too...I need it those days...the weather is so bad, windy and cold, rainy and dark...I appreciate to be in a warm studio and your goddess gives to me a warm smile...thanks dear Jessica...xxx

Kristin said...

Well Hell-oo beautiful! (both of you ;) Another FABulous piece by you - she is amazing and I love how you shared your process with us. Thank you for your sweet comment too - I KNOW - isn't that the best book ever? So lucky to have you join in - it will be so special with you as a part of it, xoxo

Anonymous said...

Like Liette, I want a magic chair too. lol Your Goddess is beautiful...as always. I have to say your fur babies are sooo sweet.

Cameron said...

So pretty, Jess....I love her vine tendril hair....the detailed bhindi....and the lovely text!

Very, very pretty, indeed!

Red Cat Cards said...

Fabulous Fabulous Goddess ! I LOVE your handwriting there and your signature !!! How neat and stylish !!! It's been raining here for a while and it looks like it will continue raining for the rest of the week... gloomy... rainy... blue-y... =)

Ro Bruhn said...

Beautiful work and I love the text. Thanks for your kind words too.

Kristin said...

Have a great weekend my friend! Happy arting, xoxo

Clare said...

ah the goddess and the garden - what an intriging theme it makes me think of all sorts of gaia type of things. your goddess is powerful, yet has a certain elusive mystery about her.

Kristin said...

Awe, you're so good to me! Thank you so much for your comment - made my day, xoxo

E Makes Art said...

She's gorgeous!! I would love to just watch you doodle away and create your magic! have a great week!

xoE

Red Cat Cards said...

hope you're doing good, Jessi ! For some very strange reason (I know I said this million times), there's something that connects us... very strong sense ! =) Thanks for the sweet lovely comment on my "Beautiful Sorrow" and I'm actually very glad that you were able to relate to it !! Marvelous experience for me ! xoxoxo

Kristin said...

Thank you sweet Jess! (It should be you ;) . . . just sayin . . . xoxoxo

aimee said...

ooooh this is a lovely lady! flowers blooming out of her head -- what could be better??