Sunday, May 15, 2011

I Heart Art!

Helloooo my artsy peeps!  This week I tried making some layered backgrounds but was not that successful at it.  I'm still at a loss as to how or what I'm trying to accomplish.  There is one I might be able to use as a doodle girlie background. 

Between this and blogger being down 2 days for me, I've felt very disconnected from myself.  I need my art and I need to see others creating and enjoying art too!  It's how I hold on to my sanity right now.  I just didn't realize how much I depended on the blogging community to lift my spirits and make me feel down right arty.  I so appreciate all of you!!!

As I try to reconnect with myself, I will be doodling tonight!  Here is a boring journal page I did on "I heart art", my mantra this week...

 Glimmer mist, colorwash, stencils, book page text, dip pen and ink...

Here is a pic of a freesia that volunteered from a pot of something else my mom gave me from her garden last summer - Canterbury bells I think...  Such a fragrant surprise.

I will be posting again in the next day or two with a new girlie and maybe some other art too.  Stay creative - I know you are all busy but we need this arty outlet to keep our creative spirits nurtured!

Now I'm going to relax my nerves with a cup of chamomile flower tea - more on that next time...

Forever in art,

Jessica xox
   

8 comments:

Red Cat Cards said...

I knew you and I have a lot in common ! I drink chamomile tea when I want to relax especially before I go to bed ! now... millions of other people might do that LOL :D
That journal page is NOT BORING AT ALL !!! It's beautiful and it's just right and perfect for "I Heart ART" Mantra !!!!! What a gorgeous picture of freesia.. I can see the dew drops on it.. so preciously pretty ! xoxoxo

Cameron said...

Don't label your art boring....let us come to our conclusions...haha! Rest assured, boring would not be an adjective that comes to mind :D

I took the day to re-organize my studio....feeling extra arty now! I'm just taking a little break before I begin...heehee!
Gotta get my blog fix, too :)

Kristin said...

So beautiful my friend! I LOVE your page, it's sentiment and that freesia is just gorgeous! xo

Micki Wilde said...

Your art is so not boring!! That page is fabulous!! x

Janet said...

That journal page is anything but boring! Beautiful would be a better description. I love it....lots of layers, gorgeous colors....what more could you want!

linda (dots n doodles) said...

Definately not boring! The colours are gorgeous and with the layers (which is something I still cannot manage very well) a beautiful piece of art.

MeUpcycled said...

"Boring," you say? Anything but! I've always admired your color choices, and how you blend them. This combo, paired with the hearts, was especially beautiful, so don't sell yourself short. It goes well with the freesia, too! : )

Liette alias Pixelle said...

I like a lot your art journal layer...this background is full of joy, nice colors and I am sure you have had pleasure to create it...for me I am very busy those days with classes to prepare, I didn't take time to play...so I like to see yours...