Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Willowing Haunting...

Hello to everyone...I hope you have all enjoyed your holiday and are geared up for the xmas season!  I've been keeping my eyes open for some inexpensive xmas gifty ideas and when I visited the stationery store yesterday I noticed they were carrying Papaya journals and calenders and such.  I love Anahata's line of things!  Here is her blog address  http://www.papayablog.com/  if you want to take a peek.

I've been haunting Tam's Willowing site (button at left) this week and was motivated to do some art.  So I created another self portrait of a younger me.  Covered up in the background is the negative self talk referencing things that went on at that time in my life .  I've noticed some of them coming to the surface again now that I'm widowed and a single girl once more.  It's like I'm trying to figure out who I am and I'm feeling some of the same things I did when I was a young single woman even tho I'm older.  Being happily married for almost twenty years, I never thought I would be single again and it's very different this time around!

This is what I've done so far...

I still have some work to do on her and I need to add my positive journaling after I do the background in mixed media technique.  She will be finished and in my post next week...

Then I watched week 1 of Tam's Art, Heart & Healing class again while sitting in my comfy chair with my puppy and kitten.  I worked in my journal and did the sketch just like hers right along with her instead of doing my own thing - just for fun.  I haven't done the background yet on this one either...


It was freezing and pouring rain so I really enjoyed being in my cozy chair with my fur babies just watching the videos and doing art.  It was a bit difficult to do the coloring portion but somehow I managed it.  I didn't find my water brush until it was too late of course!  I'll have to finish her in the studio tho.  She should be done next week as well.

I'm really excited to get started on my angel for the last week of Tam's class (I am behind).  I will probably do her on canvas and make a production out of it as I am so often prone to do!  Ha!

I haven't been able to focus on the journals I was wanting to do for an Etsy shop.  I will do it but probably not until after xmas.

The rest of this week I will be playing my xmas music and starting to make some decorations.  For my xmas cards I just did very simple ones this year from scrapbook paper.  (Not blog worthy!  Ha!)  Maybe next year I will design a cool one and post it.

My diet is going well and I have been losing the weight!  I see the doctor next week and then I will have a better idea of how much I've lost and how much further I have to go.  I haven't started my exercise routine yet but I will have to soon - just waiting for this weather to level out so my arthritis and fibro will calm down!!!

Stay warm and dry and don't do anything I wouldn't do!  Ha, that leaves you wide open!!! (I'm not kidding!)

Music in the studio this week was Cheryl Crow's Detours.

Forever in art,  Jessica

10 comments:

aimee said...

love your lovely ladies! so glad your diet is going well, and let me know when you open your etsy shop so i can heart it!! xo

Sharon Lingren said...

Jess,
I love your portraits! I can't wait to see your angel. All of your work is fun and creative. The expression and caracter you capture in your art is fantastic! That is what makes an, "artist" , different from a person that likes to do art. Keep them comming!!!

Patti said...

Love your blog. Your portraits are awesome.....so sweet. Have a good holiday....Kudos on the diet. Keep writing.

Kristin said...

THESE ARE STUNNING!!!
You have such tremendous talent and I am so happy to have found you!
Your ladies are so full of life and color and beauty - I hope you love them as much as I do!
I too never finished the cover of the book and celebration spread - but I will - we will just do them on our own time, xoxo

Unknown said...

Your girls are wonderful!!! I found you thru willowing.ning

JessiVille said...

Thanks Kristin! I am happy to have found you too!!! - Jessica xxx

JessiVille said...

Thank you Laura! Welcome!
- Jessica

JessiVille said...

Aimee, Sharon and Patti, Thank you for all your support! I really love it when you comment on my "stuff"! I feel so encouraged!
- Jessica

Kristin said...

Morning!
Check me out when you can - there is an award for you if you want it, xoxo

Liette alias Pixelle said...

oh what a wonderful artistic work...both of them are perfect...perfect to be like they are, so nice, so unique!!! will follow your carrer my dear Jessica...can become your agent if you need...;-)