Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Art dreams and doodle fairies...

Hello again!  It's been a cold snow flurry day so I've been cuddling with my kitty and puppy in front of the T.V. instead of rocking the studio with my tunes and working out some of my wonderful ideas.  It seems as though those ideas are just dreams, though, as I just keep cranking out the doodle fairies!  Ha!  The power of the doodle.

I guess for me the appeal of the doodle is that I can do the backgrounds in the studio - all flying paint and messiness - and then still go out and cuddle with my fur babies, watch T.V. and doodle away.  It is a great comfort to me, now that it is so cold outside and either pouring down rain or snowing.

I added a few things to the fairy doodle I was working on last time.  I just used a copic marker for the wings.  I don't know if I like it but it was a fun experiment.

I will be adding a haiku poem I wrote as journaling:

Faries' song on breeze delight
flowers bursting bright
Summer's magic in plain sight

Summer?  Ha!  Officially it is still autumn but for me, winter is here!  
I started a doodle painting for the cover of the 8x10 journal I made last week...


And I did another summer fairy or is it faerie?...


This was another oddly colored one!  Ha!
Here are a couple photos of the beach at the Bandon beach village - I had to go and get my fix at Winter  River Books this last week.



Tonight I will light my little fireplace in the living room and enjoy the first fire of the season.  Happy thanksgiving to all!

Music in the studio this week was Sarah Mc Laughlin and the Dixie Chicks...
 
Stay warm!
Hugs,  Jessica

6 comments:

MeUpcycled said...

I really like the effect you got with the copic marker, Jess! It adds a different texture to the piece and seems almost 3D. The wings look very realistic. The peri color is great, too! Keep those doodles coming!

Liette alias Pixelle said...

oh my god, so much nice fairies to look at...your doddlles are so fancy, so unique...
those wigs looks like transparency...oh so nice effect...
I adore Sarah McLaughlin...a very special voice...
I like the photos of the river...that tree over the old trunk is fabulous...i like so much what you create, you have the magic eye!!!

JessiVille said...

Thank you Liette and Karen! Your comments are so special to me and I am thankful for my artful friends! I wanted to note to Karen that I added a bit of grayed lavender prisma pencil over the copic marker to add some depth. Hugs, Jessi

Kristin said...

Oooh! I LOVE them - and they are on such beautiful backgrounds - really, just stunning!
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and thank you for your sweet message, ;) xoxo

Unknown said...

what supplies did you use for your fairy? It laid over the background so well.

JessiVille said...

Hi Laura, so glad you found me from Willowing! If my background is pretty smooth I use my usual copic mutiliner and sharpie poster paint pens with prisma colored pencils and gelly roll pens - my trick is using a nice gesso to mix my paints with instead of white acrylic - then the colored pencils still show up. If the acrylic paint is heavy and slicker I use the oil based sharpie paint pens. - Jessica