Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Special Memory

I woke up this morning to the first snow of the season!  It is especially exciting for me as we don't usually get it here at 500 ft. elevation.  It's only since the global warming trend that we have been getting snow like this.  So it's not yet thanksgiving and I'm enjoying a winter wonderland from my studio window.

Today is also a very special day, my late husbands birthday.  I have a beautiful memory of his first experience of seeing it snow up at our mountain cabin.  His eyes were lit up with delight as he commenced his childlike play amongst the huge fluffy flakes falling all around.  We held hands and ran around in circles then grabbed our flashlights and took a short hike in the dark with the utter silence and falling snow surrounding us...

Here is the view from the studio this morning...


I will be posting my art journal in progress photos and a doodle fairy later on this afternoon.  Have a warm wonderful day!

Forever in art,  Jessica

2 comments:

Sharon Lingren said...

Your memories of Mark are precious. Let them be a warm blanket around you. Happy Birthday Markie!!

JessiVille said...

Thank you my friend! Jess