Monday, March 12, 2012

Some Faeries for Spring

Hellooo!  I've been in the studio experimenting with all my lovely art supplies and playing along with Jane Davenport in her class "Supplies Me".  I figured since I had spent all my money on these supplies I'd better try to learn how to use them, lol!

I'm really enjoying her class and stretching my abilities.  Not all has gone smoothly though - there's a bit of a learning curve, which is good.

Here are some photos of a couple of things I worked on in my art journal...


Welcome To My World

Tiny Dancer
Too tiny! I will not work this small again! The journal was too small really.

These are in a little art journal I made from Fabriano 90 lb. watercolor paper.  I really don't like the 90 lb. I prefer the 140 lb. but I had this on hand and I wanted to use it up.

I did both fairies in watercolor which I am just now learning to do. For me, acrylics are much more comfortable to use!

I will be sharing more art from the class as I progress.  I have decided to up the ante with my art this year so I will be working furiously - yay!!!  Butterfly girl will be back too. (boy has she had some adventures to share!)

Keep picking away at the paint under your fingernails and I'll see you next time.

Forever in art,

Jessi





13 comments:

Netty said...

They are beautiful pages and loving your use of the watercolours. x

Red Cat Cards said...

Oh so beautiful ! The pastel tone of watercolor effect is really nice.. goes very well with the transparency of your fairies ! Did the angel fly by and drop you a penny to remind you that someone who loves you so is always watching you? :)
I prefer acrylic over watercolor as well. So lovely to see your lovely art journals ! Why the heck did I ever stop this fun joy filled bloggy arting? LOL

Anonymous said...

beautiful, the eyes are just amazing,

Janet said...

Beautiful!! I've been considering that class. I know a couple of other people who took it and really liked it.

Cameron said...

Yes, to paint that tiny in watercolors is super challenging!
I think you did a marvelous job on both....they each exude your signature Jessi style!
Which, of course, means they are beautiful, luminescent and confident :)

Jenny said...

Gorgeous pages Jessi... I love Jane's class... they are fabulous and fun... can't wait to see more...

Hugs
Jenny x

Jess said...

Lovely fairies! Watercolor is the most difficult of all mediums but it's my favourite! It hasn't always been this way, it takes a lot of playing and getting to know how it behaves before you'll fall in love properly. :) I hope you do, it'll be worth it!
Jess xx

Unknown said...

Your faeries are beautiful. I like your watercolor work so far and I look forward to seeing more art from you soon.

Netty said...

Hi am back again......just to say I hope you make it to Paint Party Friday as know you will enjoy it. Plus I would love to follow you but as yet you haven't functioned the follow button. Have a great week, Annette x

Kristin said...

YAY for upping the ante!! I miss seeing your beautiful work on a regular basis. That class sounds amazing, I too don't like working small I learned (where do you put your hands!?) and I LOVE Your fairies! Bella, xoxo

Heather Henry said...

Both of these are very pretty. All of your art is though. I find watercolors to be a bit tricky as well, but like you I am wanting to step out and try new things and up the ante on my art. So far, so good. :) Glad to see you again and hope all is well with you! Big hugs.

Liette alias Pixelle said...

oh la la ...those marvelous drawing are so UNIQUE...You don't like watercolor??? you did a so nice work...if I was able to make just a bit of your drawing, I would be so happy...I will come back one of those day, when all the renovation here will be done, ( we don,t beleive anymore ) so, contact you as soon as possible...love you xxx

Anonymous said...

Jessie loving the tiny beauty. That is an amazing piece for being so small. The penny gives a great perspective. I am so excited to see what you bring from this class. I wanted to also take Jane's class but I'm just not diciplined enough rght now. I need to get my groove back.
HUGS,
Maggie